Sunday, July 19, 2009

Borderline

Here I am! Back with a bit of bangs, a new writing gig, and reduced unemployment checks. Hopefully I'll get more "bang for my buck" :) Speaking of bangs.....the other night I saw "Little Darlings" at an evening showing on the lawn of Cal Anderson park. Too cool! If you haven't seen this 1980 flick, I highly recommend it. Basically, Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol wager a bet to see who will lost their virginity first.

I won't spoil the surprise, but I will say that this film is actually quite profound. The issues that these ladies struggle with at 15 are the same they will wrestle with for life. It is a fine, fuzzy, yet clear, line. A scrawny Matt Dillon isn't bad to look at either.

The other night I had a dream about borders. I was the female representative for the North and South Korean border. I had to continually shift between sides to keep the people happy. South Korea had fun, witty gentlemen, but they saw right through me. North Korea was a fecal swamp in which I was forced to dress in robes covering everything but my eyes. What do the eyes tell you? Ask the little darlings.

1 comment: