I am currently re-obsessed with the movie "Roxanne." It's the perfect film to watch at the beginning of summer and the beginning of a relationship, if one could be so lucky. Did you know it's filmed entirely in the real Nelson, B.C. near Victoria? It has a magical northwest feel: singles trotting down hills at dusk to go into town, neon lights against a lavender sky, piney shadows sheltering secrets....I could go on....a cool chardonnay waiting on an old oak table. But I'll stop :) It gives me hope that yes, there is intelligent, witty, male life out there, and it can come in many forms. I also think about how brief turns of fate, like Roxanne's summer research sojourn in a rented house, can turn into love. As we embark on that peak season, let me remind you that there just eleven days until the lightest, brightest day. So throw on your jean jacket and ankle booties, grab your man, and pop open a dewy chardonnay ....this is good times.
(Or you could wait three months until the movie comes in from the library and watch it in the solitude of your apartment while drinking a margarita and surfing through home organization magazines)
**This post is dedicated to a gal pal whose blog, and new summer relationship, is making me dream big. Congratulations :)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Interweb HIGH FIVE!
ReplyDelete